Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Year of Pie


I've always wanted to cook my way through a cookbook. With the book and movie release of Julie and Julia, I was even more enticed to complete this goal of mine.  However, the daunting task of cooking all the way through a cookbook has always gotten me in the end.  There were always too many recipes, too many different ingredients to buy for one-time use, too many servings of food for my 2-person household, etc. The reasons which prevented me before go on and on.  However, this past month I found myself once again in the cookbook section of Barnes & Noble with the goal of "cook my way through a cookbook" once again before me... While looking through their selection, my mom presented me with "A Year of Pies" by Ashley English.  "What a great idea" I thought!  Baking a pie doesn't involve too many different cooking tools, funny ingredients, wouldn't be too expensive to do each week and wouldn't be too hard to either eat over the week, give away or take to work. The cookbook has been bought and now the task lies before me... 52 weeks and 52 pies.  I am proud to say I am five weeks in and five pies have been made!  I will periodically update everyone on my pie progress and what pies I've been making!

No comments:

Post a Comment