Sunday, March 24, 2013

Food Travels: Washington D.C.


This past fall my husband and I took a trip to Washington D.C..  My husband been to D.C. in junior high school, but this was going to be my first trip!  What was the #1 thing to see on my list??  Georgetown Cupcakes, of course!  Yes, of course we saw the White House, Washington Monument, Smithsonian Museums and other main D.C. attractions too.  We happened to pick a Saturday to spend in Georgetown and boy was their shop busy!  However, it was well worth the wait!  I consider myself a cupcake connesoir and I have to say, I don't always find bakery cupcakes to be all they're cracked up to be.  These definitely did not fall into that category.  I got a caramel apple cupcake and Kevin got chocolate with chocolate frosting. They were both absolutely delicious and I suggest a trip if you are ever in the DC area!
 
See, we made it to some of the main sights!



And had cupcakes...
 

Cupcakes!

 
Cupcakes!

xoxo Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment