Saturday, March 30, 2013

Anytime Potatoes




I discovered this potato recipe many years ago.  I unfortunately have no idea where it came from.  However, I do remember making them before a home-coming dance in high school.  Two of my girl friends came over and we made dinner for our dates. How cute, right?  At the time I just baked them in a 9x13 inch dish.  However, since getting our cast iron skillet I always make them in there.  I suppose you could use another type of dish if you do not have a cast iron skillet.  I call them "anytime potatoes" because you could really make them "anytime." They work great at breakfast with eggs or at dinner with fish, chicken or anther main dish.  They are super easy to whip up and are great when you have a couple of left over potatoes around the house.  They're great for company too because they are so low maintenance.  One time Kevin bought a 5 lb. bag of potatoes at the grocery for one recipe, which only needed a few potatoes.  Needless to say we had many many potatoes left over.  These "anytime potatoes" were great at using up the potatoes we had left over.  I hope you find many uses for these potatoes just as I have! 

Anytime Potatoes
Serves: 3-4

Ingredients:
1.5 lb Potatoes*
2 Tbs Olive Oil
2 tsp Kosher Salt

* A note on the type of potatoes for this recipe. I used Yukon potatoes this time because I happened to have a some extra on hand.  I have to say that the typical "baking potato" or Russet potato works a little better. 

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.  Wash and then cut up the potatoes.  Try to make them some what uniform in size to insure uniform cooking. I make mine in about a 1" dice. 

 
Put them in a the cast iron skillet and drizzle the olive oil and salt over them.  Stir to combine. Put the skillet in the oven.  Bake for about 30 minutes total, stirring every 10-15 mintues so all the sides get crispy.

 
xoxo Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment