Friday, March 1, 2013

Hazlenut Steamer


 Before I drank coffee, I'd often buy a flavored steamer at Starbucks.  I don't think they list this drink on their store menu any longer, but they will still make it for you if you ask for it.  I recently ordered one at a store which sells Starbucks coffee and they made one and charged me the price of their hot chocolate. It's just steamed milk with one of their flavorings, but a great alternative to one of their pricier coffee drinks or for someone who doesn't drink coffee.  You could essentially flavor yours without whatever flavor you would like.  I chose hazelnut, which I found at my local World Market store.  FYI - World Market has an enormous selection of flavors.  I've also seen them at Kroger.

1 cup milk (I used Almond Milk)
1 Tbs hazelnut syrup


Measure milk in liquid glass measuring cup.  Microwave for about 2 minutes, depending on how powerful your microwave is.  I'd keep an eye on it the first time you make it.  Pour milk into a mug.  Add flavoring. Give it a good stir and enjoy!  This drink is great for a cold morning or evening.

xoxo Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment