Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Product Review: Yoplait Frozen Yogurt


Since trying out Ben & Jerry's Greek Frozen Yogurt a few weeks ago, I've been on a little bit of an ice cream and frozen yogurt kick.  While at the grocery store a while ago, I saw this Yoplait frozen yogurt and thought I should probably try it out... as research for the blog, you know?  I've tried both strawberry banana and peach flavors now.  They are definitely not Ben & Jerry's Greek frozen yogurt, but then again, they're half the calories and fat (around 100 calories / 2 grams fat per 1/2 cup serving).  The texture was a little more "icy" than Ben & Jerry's or even Edy's slow churned versions and they definitely needs to sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften up before scooping. 

The strawberry banana has much more strawberry taste than banana, so if you are a big fan of strawberry-banana, this is not the flavor for you. I thought the peach had a nice fresh peach taste though, even if the peach chucks were a bit frozen.  I definitely enjoyed the peach much more than strawberry-banana.  If I wanted a low calorie strawberry ice cream/frozen yogurt, I would probably buy the Edy's slow churned version as it's larger and around the same price, although I might try the peach again or one of their other flavors.   If you don't want a whole quart of low calorie / frozen yogurt at home to tempt you, this smaller Yoplait version could definitely do the trick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment