Sunday, June 16, 2013

Product Review: Magnum Mini Gold


Continuing with my ice cream and frozen treat reviews, this week brings a review of the Magnum Mini Gold bars.  I've seen commercial after commercial about these bars and I thought it was about time I try them out!  I'm not one to eat an almost 400 calorie ice cream bar, so I was quite pleased to see they come in "mini" form.  At 170 calories and 12g fat per bar, it's a much more reasonable splurge in my mind.   However, they don't lie when they say "mini." As you can see from the picture below, they're pretty small, although it's "real" ice cream so a little goes a long way for me.  I'm not sure my husband would be satisfied after one, but I was.

The box describes the bars as "vanilla bean ice cream with a sea salt caramel swirl dipped in a golden chocolaty coating." I definitely liked the thick chocolate coating, which had a nice crunch.  The coating had a bit of butterscotch flavor, which I'm not sure was intended or not, but I enjoyed this either way.  There was a slight caramel swirl through the vanilla ice cream, although I don't know if I'd really consider it a "sea salt caramel" flavor as they stated.  It didn't have that typical salty caramel taste that so many other salted caramel treats have.  I still enjoyed it though and would be willing to try out some of their other "mini" flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment